About Me

My photo
I am a person who loves people, and I try to draw inspiration and find the beauty in everything. I am motivated and passionate about the things I do. I have wonderful people in my life. I have lots of ideas that I don't always know how to make a reality. But that's alright- life's a start.

Monday, July 25, 2011

What's in a Name?

I would like to take today's post to briefly explain why I chose the name of the blog. If you know me at all, you know I am a person who often pores over details, and for me, this blog and its title was no minor detail. Therefore I spent ludicrous amounts of time- at work, at home, wherever- pondering just the right title. Something that was "me," and not too generic, but not too off-the-wall. At first I just wanted a list of verbs that I like to do; something like "Sing, Write, Teach." But then I thought, this isn't "Eat, Pray, Love" (although that is a great book! A must-read prior to seeing the movie, which paled in comparison to the book)... you have your own story and your own name!
But then my brain was stuck on books. As I sat on my bed, laptop in lap, determined to think of the perfect name after days of brainstorming, all I could think about was books! I looked up at my bookshelf. "Everything Is Illuminated" popped out at me.
(My copy is pink and yellow!)
One of the best books I've ever read, whose title includes one of my favorite words.... Eureka! I instantly loved this idea more than any of the other mediocre names I'd thought of. I was hesitant to include my own name in the title, but I figure hey, if Joanna Goddard does it for her blog, why can't I? Again, there I was, the only one putting limits on myself!
So, I just did it.
Ta-da!
Me, myself, my thoughts and opinions- all illuminated right here, for you.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment