About Me

My photo
I am a person who loves people, and I try to draw inspiration and find the beauty in everything. I am motivated and passionate about the things I do. I have wonderful people in my life. I have lots of ideas that I don't always know how to make a reality. But that's alright- life's a start.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Crosswalk Duty

Teaching a 0 period at 6:40am almost every day definitely has its drawbacks, but it also has some very good perks. One of those perks is that I rarely have to do the much-loathed after/ before school "duties". This week, however, was one of the few times I had the task of after school cross-walk duty.  Letting kids cross the busy street while stopping traffic with a little stop sign did not sound too appealing. I thought I would loathe it as much as everyone loathes it, but it's actually turned out to be sort of interesting, and almost even fun! 
Monday: A random high school boy walked up and said he needed my stop sign, so he could "go up to girls and go, STOP! Can I have your number?"
Tuesday: A random, very pretty high school girl gave a big smile and a genuine "have a great day!" as she passed. I was so surprised that I actually stopped her and asked her if she'd been in one of my choirs before (thinking there's no way a student could be that nice to someone they've never even met), but she said nope!
Today: I got to see and hug a former student who is going through a really tough family loss. 
Today I also overheard a boy and girl talking, and the girls was arguing that everyone likes math, and after refuting her for a minute, the boy yells, HEY MISS! So I turn around and he asked me if I like math, which I answered honestly: No. And the girl's reaction was just so incredulous that it was funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment